| Price: $ 15
Battling HIV/AIDS sets out principles and provides advice on the procurement of HIV/AIDS medicines and related supplies for programs scaling up antiretroviral therapy (ART) and associated health services. This technical guide examines the elements required to establish and ensure continuity of supplies, including medicines and other commodities. It provides extensive guidance on key topics: Quality Assurance, Selection & Quantification methods, Intellectual Property Rights, Procurement Strategies, Pricing & Financing, the Supply Cycle and Policy Issues.
Specializing in procurement for HIV-related programs, Battling HIV/AIDS is a valuable resource for implementing agencies and donors dealing with HIV/AIDS related procurement, as it:
- focuses on resource-poor settings with little experience of treatment programs that include ART.
- discusses newer and more expensive drugs and tests required for ART, which because of cost or scale, have not yet become part of essential medicines policy in many countries.
- draws attention to some of the unpredictable factors associated with the scaling up of ART such as rapid growth in demand, the appearance of new medicines and tests, and sudden changes in markets.
- provides practical advice on intellectual property rights, a complex but important subject, laying out in simple terms the array of options available to national governments.
- provides references to valuable materials and offers links to readily available instructions and documentation.
Directory of World Bank Books
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
Have you read this title? If so, Contribute a comment